As one of the most experienced and busiest scalp micropigmentation artists in North America, I feel a unique responsibility to help guide individuals interested in SMP in the right direction. Experienced, unbiased guidance helps keep the integrity and results of SMP procedures high. Which in return benefits artists, elevates client satisfaction and highlights the life changing results of SMP (when done correctly).
Although SMP results are subjective, there is a huge difference between a good SMP and a bad SMP, so you should take SMP very seriously.
Gather the right information:
Start by conducting thorough research on SMP artists in your city/province/county/country. Look for professionals who specialize in SMP and only SMP and have a thoroughly good reputation for just SMP. Check online directories, forums, social media platforms, and websites related to SMP.
- Read reviews and testimonials: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous clients. Online platforms such as Google, Yelp, and Facebook often have reviews that can give you insights into the quality of work and client satisfaction. Consider both positive and negative reviews to form a balanced opinion.
- View before-and-after photos: ALL reputable SMP artists will have a portfolio of their work, including before-and-after photos of their clients. Examine these photos to gauge the quality, naturalness, and consistency of their SMP treatments. Look for artists whose results align with your desired outcome.
- Check qualifications and experience: Verify the qualifications and experience of the SMP artists you are considering. Ensure they have received proper training and certification in SMP techniques from a highly experienced artist. Additionally, look for artists with several years of experience in the field, as this often indicates expertise and proficiency.
- Seek recommendations: Reach out to people who have undergone SMP procedures. Ask them about their experiences and if they would recommend their SMP artist. Personal recommendations can be valuable in finding a reliable and skilled professional.
- Consultations: Once you have shortlisted a few SMP artists, schedule consultations with them. During the consultation, discuss your specific needs, expectations, and any concerns you may have. Pay attention to how the artist communicates, whether they understand your goals. A good artist will tell you what is possible and what is not.
- Assess professionalism and hygiene: During the consultation or visit to the SMP clinic, observe the cleanliness, hygiene practices, and overall professionalism of the artist and their facility. SMP procedures require a sterile environment to minimize the risk of infection, so it’s important to ensure proper hygiene standards are maintained.
- Cost considerations: While cost should not be the sole determining factor, it is essential to consider the pricing structure of different SMP artists. Compare prices, taking into account the reputation, experience, and quality of work offered. Remember that SMP is a long-term investment, so prioritize quality over cost to achieve satisfactory results.
- Ask questions: Don’t hesitate to ask the SMP artist questions regarding their techniques, equipment, pigments used, aftercare procedures, and any other concerns you may have. A knowledgeable and transparent artist will address your queries professionally.
- Trust your instincts: Lastly, trust your instincts when making a decision. Choose an SMP artist whom you feel comfortable with, who listens to your needs, and whom you believe will provide the best results based on your research and consultations.
By following these steps and investing time in research you will increase your chances of finding a skilled and reliable SMP artist who can deliver the desired outcome for your scalp micropigmentation procedure.
Rob James SMP, owner operator of Advanced Scalp Vancouver Canada is one of North America’s most sought out and experienced scalp micropigmentation artists. Primarily known for his hyper realistic results Rob is always available to offer free unbiased guidance, advice and information.